Human capital includes health, safety knowledge, skills, intellectual outputs, motivation and the capacity for relationships of individuals.
Organisations depend on individuals to function. They need a healthy, motivated and skilled workforce. Intellectual capital and knowledge management is also recognised as a key intangible creator of wealth. Damaging human capital by abuse of human rights or labour rights or compromising health and safety has direct, as well as reputational costs.
We enhance our human capital by:
- giving employees and community members access to training, development and lifelong learning and capturing and sharing knowledge
- ensuring adequate safety arrangements in both Merafe and the Venture.
- The safety of our employees and our contractors
- The health of our employees and our contra
- The training and development of our employees and our contractors